Thursday, March 15, 2007

A story I wrote for the dreamER Newsletter!

My great friends, Michael Simmons and Sheena Lindahl, of Extreme Entrepreneurship Education asked me to write a story for their very popular dreamER newsletter. They have dedicated their lives to helping people pursue a life of passion, purpose and prosperity.


I am dedicating my life to helping people realize their body's full potential because once you do, you'll have the confidence you need to go after your dreams. When you look good and feel good you are way more inclined to take risks and do amazing things with your life. That's powerful. That's life changing. That's what I'm after.

I hope you enjoy my story!


“But mom, I only live once!” I kept telling her.

“I don’t care Adam. Do you know how many people would kill to be in your shoes?”

If people would kill to be in my shoes, I wondered, why I am so miserable?

See, for me it was the fact that I was merely existing at my Ernst & Young job. I was a cog in a wheel and I was letting time pass me by. I dreamed of owning my own business, and without my realizing it, that dream was dying a slow and silent death.

I wanted to live. It was time to start up or shut up!

I told my mom I was leaving Ernst & Young before busy season started. I also told her I was going skydiving. I thought if I could overcome my fear of jumping out of a plane, I’d be absolutely fearless. My mom thought I was crazy on both accounts.

I knew I needed to start a business around something I am passionate about. I’ve been working out since I was in 5th grade and have been obsessed with health and fitness my entire life. I love reaching my health potential and helping others do the same.

I put these two thoughts together and Bam! It hit me. I’ve been giving health and fitness advice for as long as I can remember. I’ve helped so many people lose weight and I wasn’t suggesting people eat lettuce every meal either. All of my friends and family through the years have adopted my lifestyle and it has worked wonders for them.

What I had done was actually created a very simple lifestyle based on my detailed health research, and proven it by successfully following for the past six years. I knew through my research that 93% of dieters fail because they don’t have a trusted support system and someone to really hold them accountable. I knew that it was this support system that had helped me – and my family and friends – to be successful in our diets. I knew this could help other people as well.

MyBodyTutor.com was born!

It was time to make a website and start advertising. I started brainstorming and that was when I realized I was going to have to REALLY put myself out there.

I had to, if I wanted to succeed. The only way to show people my system worked would be to tell my own authentic story and put myself out there as living proof. I also knew that the only way to do that was to do something I was uncomfortable with: post shirtless picture of myself.

It worked. People believed in me. I had clients after my first day of advertising.

Oh man. Imagine if I posted more pictures of myself. I have one second to establish credibility. Okay here we go. I just hated the idea of putting myself out there even more! Next, I posted a picture of myself from a Greek God contest, which included a lot of oil, a shaven body, and a speedo.

I did it. I was now converting even more people! I found the more I put myself out there, the more business I was getting. I am onto something here.

I am LIVING every day to the fullest and doing what I absolutely love doing: Helping people realize their body’s full potential no matter what their health and fitness goals are.

What keeps me going through the ups and downs is that I believe in what I’m doing 1000%. I can get you in the best shape of your life or your money back. When you look good, you feel good and are way more inclined to take risks and do amazing things with your life.

That’s powerful. That’s life changing. That’s what I’m after.

I’ve learned that I can’t ever be afraid to put myself out there. The more I put myself out there the more clients I’m signing up.

Life is too short to exist. Also, I thought it was interesting that when I was existing I wanted to jump out of a plane. Now that I’m living, I don’t!